As Kenya celebrates its Golden Jubilee on December 12, 2013, a group of Kenyans will celebrate in a very special way. This monumental day will mark Team COCI-Kenya’s third day of climbing Mt. Kenya.
As they raise the Kenyan flag on Point Lenana to celebrate this great occasion, just like Munyao did 50 years ago, this passionate group will also be raising the hopes of many children who would otherwise have little hope in life. Every step they take on the highest Mountain in Kenya will put smiles on the faces of Orphaned children.
You can take that step with them wherever you are; climb Mount Kenya with Team COCI-Kenya volunteers by raising funds to support COCI children.
At COCI we love to change children’s lives all over the world and have fun while doing it!
How to donate: In Kenya
Send your Donation to:
Mpesa Pay Bill 307940
Steps to take:
2. Payment Services
3. Pay Bill
4. Enter Business Number 307940
5. Enter Account No. Mt. Kenya
NB: The Pay Bill is registered to SOS-COCI and if fully administered by SOS.
Background on COCI:
- On September 27th, 2013, Cherish Our Children International (COCI-pronounced Kosi) celebrated 20 years of changing lives of the world’s most vulnerable children living in the most desperate situations.
- COCI supports a number of projects all over the world in which Kenya is one of them. Other countries include Serbia, Bosnia, Mexico and the United States of America.
COCI in Kenya:
- COCI has been in Kenya since 2000;
- It helped establish Children First Organization (CFO) a NGO that supported 16 orphans in Kisumu.
- Built a pre-school with a capacity of 100 vulnerable children in Nyalenda slums in Kisumu. The School provided not only education, but also nutrition and medical care to the children.
- Supported 51 vulnerable children through and Outreach Program in Bondo.
- COCI expanded its efforts in Kenya in 2012 and now supports an SOS house, House No.3, in the new Kisumu SOS Village.
- The house like the all other houses in the village has a capacity of 10 children.
- There are currently 8 children in house No. 3, 2 more are expected at any time to fill the remaining capacity.
- COCI fully supports the approach taken by SOS to provide a ‘mama’ in every house.
- Indeed it is impressive to know that ‘mamas’ remain mothers to these children throughout their lives.
- COCI is making a difference, join us in cherishing our children.